Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, February 16, 2015

Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick Review and swatch:

Hey all my beauties! Today I will be reviewing a drugstore lipstick which I recently purchased. New drugstore lipstick releases always get me excited and this time it was no different. When I saw the display for the new Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick I just had to try one! Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick is a new lipstick formula that was launched along with a new HD Lacquer Lip gloss for Fall/Winter 2014. The new Ultra HD Lipstick is available in 14 shades and will be apart of the Revlon permanent lipstick collection.

Packaging:



To be very honest I really did not like the packaging. The lipstick comes housed in a simple silver mirrored barrel with a clear case. It's basically a clear version of their lip butter packaging and with this lid it is very easy to hit the bullet and get the lipstick everywhere. And as they are clear you can literally see the bits along the packaging so it looks quite messy! So packaging is nothing fancy!Let's head on to the product review.

Product review:

I picked up the shade 'Primrose' which is basically a mauve-y nude color. The reason for picking this up was the fact that it really complimented my skin tone and made my face look bright and fresh:) The formula is quite creamy  almost slick with a slight sheen finish. Pigmentation is also great and the color is fairly opaque with a single swipe. I think the flavor and the fragrance will bother a lot of people. I don't really know why the name has "HD" in it. It is not super smooth and flawless. The color stayed on for around 3 hours on me which is not very impressive either. Between faulty packaging, a mediocre formula, and a less than tasty flavor I wasn’t terribly impressed with the new Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick formula. I would not recommend it to you guys. For me its a 2 on 5:(

Have you tried it yet? What's your favorite shade?

Love
Shikha


No comments:

Post a Comment