Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, August 18, 2014

One sunscreen you must have!

A sunscreen is very important all year round and it becomes absolutely inevitable in summers. You must choose a sunscreen depending upon your skin. I have super oily skin which is prone to acne and the problem with most sunscreens I have tried is that they make my face very sweaty! So I was basically on the hunt of a sunscreen which would suit my skin without compromising on protection from harmful solar radiations. And guess what now I finally found that PERFECT sunscreen which suits me completely. It was recommended to me by my dermatologist 3 months ago  and ever since then I been using it. It is the SUNMATE SPF 30+ Gel-Cream from Palsons! Now we all now what do sunscreens do and why are they absolutely important, so I would not go into detail of all that. This Sunmate sunscreen is a light weight formula which gets readily absorbed in my skin and does not break me out(unlike some other sunscreens). Without any further detail let's get straight onto the review.


Packaging:
The packaging is pretty much simple. It comes in a white plastic bottle with a cap. A sunscreen has to be applied after every 3-4 hours and I love the fact that it is very easy to carry so I can just put it in my purse before stepping out in the sun.


My take on the product:
As I said earlier I totally love this sunscreen. It is very powdery and my skin feels so soft and smooth after application. It is highly water resistant so perfect for the days when I want to go swimming. It has high UVB and UVA protection. I apply it 30 mins before leaving my house and the rest assured it does a wonderful job in protecting my skin from harmful rays of the sun! One thing which is great about it is that it does not make my face look greasy or oily! It totally lives upto all its claims!




Pros:
  1. Lightweight
  2. Gets easily absorbed in the skin.
  3. Gives a matte look(and not a oily shine to my face)
  4. Water resistant
  5. Powdery feel after application.
  6. No parabens
  7. Does not break me out
  8. Travel friendly packaging with a screw cap
  9. Easily available in medical stores all over India.
  10. Has SPF value of 30 and a PA+.
Cons:
One downside of the product is that it has a slightly weird smell. I mean when I apply it I can detect an odor which goes away after sometime.(Thank God) !! Other than that I absolutely LOVE it!

Verdict:
SUNMATE SPF 30+ Gel-Cream from Palsons is totally worth trying and will protect your skin from sun damage. Perfectly ideal for oily / Combination skin. But if you have dry skin you may want to apply a moisturizer first and then top it up with this sunscreen. Overall it gets a huge stamp of approval from me:)

Love
Shikha

2 comments: